Sunday, April 13, 2008

A quick update

Friday I was crazy busy, and ended up mowing the front and back lawns and doing the elliptical for 20 minutes vigorously.  I'm watching my heart rate as I go, trying to keep it in a healthy range for fat burning.  

Yesterday I had a brunch with some fellow Coastie wives.  I ate more than I should've, but only ate brunch and dinner.  I ate some fruit for a snack yesterday afternoon.  My dinner was one of my chicken, artichoke and mozzarella sausages and a big salad.  Between kids and adults there were 16 of us here yesterday, and of course Logan was completely clingy and whiny.

Today my body is telling me that I need to slow down.  I am almost nodding off every time I blink my eyes.  I can feel sleep right under my level of consciousness.  I don't know if that makes sense, but I feel like when you're waking up from surgery and need to take deep cleansing breaths to get rid of the anesthesia.  

I'm going to take it easy today and keep eating my veggies and drinking my water.  I'm also going to listen to my body and really relax - or try to.  I have a lot of extra stress right now (that I don't want to get into), and I need to take care of my body so that my emotions stay in check and I don't start losing my patience with the kids unreasonably.  

Thanks again for keeping up with me.  I've not been weighing every morning.  I'm keeping it to only on Wednesday mornings before breakfast.  I am still aware of what's going into my mouth, but without being discouraged first thing every day after seeing fluctuation.

I need to start cutting carbs.  I'm noticing that I'm trying to comfort myself with carbs.  (Mashed potatoes, pasta - that kind of thing.  Not sweets for some reason.)

I just need to keep up the good habits I've been working on - taking my vitamin, drinking water, and exercising.

Oh, no.  Smells like poopy pants are calling...  *sigh*

No comments: