Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A struggle

After Logan was born, I lost my baby weight and then some pretty quickly.  I felt WONDERFUL, and I looked all right, I think.  When I had my hysterectomy, I gained 20 lbs that wouldn't go away.  No matter what.

I tried SO many times, so many ways to lose it.  My weight would fluctuate.  I'd lose 2 lbs here, then gain 4 lbs there.  Nothing would be different about my routine.  I guess my metabolism was just shot.  I was running 3+ days a week, going to the gym 3+ days a week, and wasn't seeing any results.

Now, I'm finishing up my second week of WW, and I'm noticing that I'm having a hard time some days making myself finish all of my points.  My week ends tomorrow night and I still have all 35 flex points.  

In the back of my mind, I'm scared.  I've lost 4 lbs, and want to keep losing.  I want to be healthy, too.  I just don't want to screw it all up sneaking an extra 5 pts here and there.  Even though I KNOW they're there for me to use, it's hard to allow myself permission to use them.

Is this something that gets easier?  Do you always use all of your flex points?  How do I teach my brain that it's okay?  

2 comments:

Tigerlilly said...

I'm right there with you - it's hard enough for me to reach the daily points. I fight that whole "if I maybe shave off 2 points I'll lose weight faster" way of thinking. I think we need to work on rewarding ourselves....

Becca and Jason said...

I don't use my flex points at all. Like ever. Ok, that's not true... I'll use them once in a while, but not very often. I found that, if I used more than 10 of them, I wouldn't lose. That's what works for my body. You'll figure out (both of you!) what works for you. You might find that you don't lose at all if you don't eat them. You might find that the only way to lose is to not eat them. You'll figure it out, though! And you're both doing awesome!!!
Becca