Monday, May 19, 2008

A little update...

Well, the "goal dress" that I got for my trip to New Orleans came today.  I'm glad I listened and ordered a large instead of an XL.  I tried it on, and it doesn't look half bad.  It's awfully short, though.  I haven't worn a short dress in a long time.  It's an adorable dress.  Aw, heck, I guess I'll post the picture.
It happens that my trip will be happening almost a month earlier than I'd planned.  I think there's still a chance that I could meet my goal of being down 15 lbs before we go.  If not, I'm confident that I will have lost 10.  Just being under the 200 lb mark will be reason enough to go celebrate.  It's been almost 2 years since I've seen that.

I really am amazed at my progress.  I'm really sticking with this and documenting everything I eat.  I'm exercising, and enjoying it.  I'm feeling better about myself little by little.  I know I've started taking better care of myself, and that's something to be proud of.  

Thank you for continuing to keep up with us.

**on a personal note, I just want my friend, Roni, to know that she and her family are in my prayers.  I'm not going to pretend to understand how you must feel, but I do know that you are a strong, resilient woman, and I love you.**

6 comments:

Tigerlilly said...

Aww! Amb! That dress looks great already, and by the time your trip comes around it's gonna look FANTASTIC! I heart you chica - you are always so positive and full of support! You look awesome!

The Little Wife said...

Wowee! If I could whistle, I would. You look great in that.

Ditto on your note to Roni. (Hugs) girly. Thinking of you.

Mary said...

Whooo, hoooo....one hot mama!

Roni, I've been thinking about you.

Who I Am said...

Wow! I love that dress! You look amazing! S won't know what to do with you...oh wait, yeah he will! :blush:

Roni, I've been praying for you so much.

Steph LeBlanc said...

I love the dress. It looks great. I also wanted to congratulate you on your successes to date. Great job. I am going to be joining the WW group soon.

-Stephanie (SimplySLB on CC)

PS-Where's the dress from?

Amber said...

The dress is from amazon.com. It's an xhiliration dress from Target, though. :)