Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Saturday evening victory

I'm sitting on the sofa right now, exhausted.  Whatever is going on with my body makes my limbs feel like I have the flu or something.  I have no energy, it seems.  I'm not going to whine, even though I just typed out a miserable little ditty and erased it.  No need to dwell on not feeling well.  I have good news to report!

I believe I have mentioned this Pilates DVD before, but it certainly bears mentioning again!  What I love about this particular workout is that there are 5, 10-minute workouts that 
you can customize.  It is a RARE day that I have 50 minutes at a time to work out, but being able to choose focus areas for a 30 minute work out is so nice!  Also, it comes with 2 resistance bands, which I really prefer to free weights, especially right now.  The bands make it easier to maintain form, and I believe they are safer on my joints than trying to throw around free weights like with some of my workout DVDs.  

I try to do the Pilates for Abs section at least 3 times a week.  I have really been working on strengthening this portion of my body for a long time.  Having 4 abdominal surgeries in as many years was really tough on my abdominal wall.  My lower abdominals are pathetic.  This section is really tough, and there are parts that I just kind of pretend to be able to do.  Tonight, even though I'm feeling rough, I decided to push through and really try.  

One of the positions is lying on your back with your knees bent.  From this position you are supposed to sit up and do this.  Gracefully and in one smooth movement:



I did it!!!!  I really did it!  My abs were burning, but I did it.  I am finally gaining some strength, and I'm so proud of myself.  


4 comments:

Leah said...

YES! VICTORY! :) That's fantastic! It's the small things that make this struggle so worth it!

YAHOO!!!

Cirrus said...

Woohoo! Great job, Amber!

Milli' said...

How awesome is that? I hate to admit it, but I'm jealous. Not only did you do it, you did it when you were feeling crappy. I've been doing Pilates off and on for about 5 years, and I STILL can't to the teaser!

Julez said...

WWWOOOHHHOOO AMBER!!!! You're doing such an outstanding job sweetie! I'm so proud of you for having a positive attitude in light of everything else that you have going on right now.