Monday, November 24, 2008

30 Day Shred - Official Day 1

Let's bring y'all up to speed a little bit.  Things have been going well, and I seem to have busted through the plateau that I had reached.  I have been dealing with symptoms of something that seems like fibromyalgia or some sort of chronic fatigue related issue.  I am noticing a lot of sagging and softness in my body, and realize that I need to work on toning.  I refuse to let my physical tiredness keep me down completely.  I am being smart about not pushing my limits.  I posted before about the 30 Day Shred, and skipped about 4 days with my sister here.  It's time to get going on it. 

Because of the holidays and some extenuating circumstances, I had to cancel my WW subscription, but am hoping to be able to continue to stay on track at home on my own.  It's going to be hard, and I'm going to rely on your support and nagging, if necessary.  I started the Shred again today, and took some measurements to keep track of my progress.  A very wise friend told me not to beat myself up if I start gaining a little before I lose with it.  30 days from today will be Christmas Eve.  What better gift to give myself than my own health?

From About.com, here are my measurements to track:
  • Bust: Measure around the chest right at the nipple line, but don't pull the tape too tight.
  • Chest: Measure just under your bust
  • Waist: Measure a half-inch above your belly button or at the smallest part of your waist
  • Hips: Place tape measure around the biggest part of your hips
  • Thighs: Measure around the biggest part of each thigh
  • Calves: Measure around the largest part of each calf
  • Upper arm: Measure around the largest part of each arm above the elbow
  • Forearm: Measure around the largest part of the arm below the elbow.
Bust: 42
Chest: 37
Waist: 36
Hips: 40.5
Thighs: 24.5 (right)
Calves: 16.5 (right)
Upper arm: 14.5 (right)
Forearm: 11.5 (right)

I'll track measurements on Mondays, and have Stuart measure for me.  Stay tuned!

No comments: