Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday means Weigh In Day!!!

After last week's gain, and the trip, and whatnot, it was so nice to get back on track this week!  Stuart left Sunday to head back to the boat, and it's been hard in ways, but nice in others.  I had a day that I had to make a box of mac & cheese.  I measured my serving and counted the points, and I got the "comfort food" effect that I was craving.  Not too bad!  We've been eating some yummy stuff around here - the boys and I, and I'm still staying within my daily points goal.  Woot!

Okay, so here's something I need to work on, I think... Pretty much every morning I eat a bowl of cereal.  The flavor/brand varies... Sometimes it's Special K with red berries, sometimes it's Cap'n Crunch with crunchberries.  The long and short of it is that I need to introduce some protein, I think.  I don't have any problem making it to lunch, but it's after lunch that I have an afternoon crash.  I think if I work on keeping my sugar levels and protein up more consistently, I won't have that urge to binge in the afternoons.  Or, maybe I don't need to do anything with breakfast, but introduce a protein snack in the afternoon?  Advice is certainly welcome!

So are you wondering?  Have I kept you in suspense long enough?

195.5 is today's weight!  I'm down 2 lbs, for a total of 14 since May 1.  
Thanks so much for your support, suggestions, and love!  

5 comments:

Cirrus said...

Protein is the bane of my existence! What about that Special K protein water? I don't know how many points that would be, but it's a thought. Cottage cheese has a lot of protein in a very small serving, so there's an option there too. A small handful of almonds works....can you chop up some walnuts or almonds and throw that in your cereal? Or make oatmeal instead with nuts and raisins? (My personal favorite!) Or start eating granola instead of crunchberries.

I'm so proud of you! You really are inspiring!

Amber said...

I actually love to get the Quaker instant oatmeal that has Raisins and Walnuts. (I forget if there are dates in there, or not...)

Cottage cheese is NOT an option for me. *blech*

I do have some great WW string cheese that are only 1 point...

I think Roni has tried the water. Was it 1 point, Roni? I don't remember...

Wonder if I should try to do a Fiber One or Kashi bar in the afternoon? Becca? Chrissy? Beth? any advice on that one?

Thanks, Cirrus!

Chrissy said...

Amber, first off, Way to go! You're doing great.


I love Fiber one and Kashi. I think the Kashi Go Lean has a little ore protein, but they are both full of fiber which will not only keep you full, but will aslo keep you tootin', literally!

You know I'm a cereal kind of gal, so I have a hard time I don't reall do eggs or meats in the morning. I'll check out my cereal boxes later and let you know how they rate in protein.

Love ya, Skinny Minnie!

The Roaming Bilderbacks said...

What about Fiber One cereal? The caramel delights one is yummy!

You're doing awesome, send some of that dedication my way!

Tigerlilly said...

You are doing SO well!! I knew you'd pull off that extra little pund - *high five*