Friday, June 6, 2008

Lessons to learn

I had been craving pizza for about a week and a half.  Every time Roni and I would be on yahoo, I'd whine that I wanted pizza.  When I talked to Stuart on the phone, I lamented that I really wanted some pizza.

Well, I got pizza last night.  I should've passed.  I should've overlooked the craving.  The truth is, if I hadn't given in, it would've gotten to the point of bingeing and I would've insisted on burgers, fries and a shake or something.  Then washed it down with some sweet and sour chicken and a whole tiramisu.  You know...really give into "bad food" cravings. 

Here's a mixed blessing:  apparently my better eating habits are starting to stick.   I ate a couple pieces of pizza.  I really enjoyed them.  I felt full, but not stuffed afterwards.  This morning, though, I'm paying the price of a tummy trying to cope with grease, cheese, and so much bread.  Oy.

My mom sent me this little ditty this morning and it cracked me up.  Thought I'd share.

No comments: