Thursday, December 4, 2008

Today's weigh in

This past week was full of dining on a fabulous meal from Thanksgiving.  We were so lucky to have friends that prepared and delivered a great meal for us.  Our family had tossed a stomach bug back and forth for a week so we weren't able to get out and participate with our friends as planned.  Leah, P, Rochelle, and A - we thank you so much for thinking of us.  

As the week progressed, and we started feeling better, I went to the store to get groceries.  Much to my delight (though it should have been dismay) the Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses were available.  I can not tell you enough how much I love these things.  White chocolate kisses with peppermint pieces inside.  mmm.  Needless to say, I bought a bag, and have been sneaking 3 or 4 at a time.  

I've also been frustrated about my medical junk, and ate the better part of a BOX of Kraft Mac & Cheese the other day.  It is always my emotional security blanket.  It has been for a long time.  It's kind of funny that mac & cheese is my comfort food choice.  I recognized that I was being an emotional eater - and confessed it to Leah on the phone.  

So to make a long story longer, my weight today is 182.5.

Same as last week.  I didn't lose, but I didn't gain, and this week I think that's an accomplishment.  

Stuart is going to take my measurements tonight to see how the Shred is working.  Because of my joint pain we're alternating the Shred and pilates.  The Pilates is a nice break to lengthen my muscles and really take time to stretch.

BTW, my lab results were normal, so I see a rheumatologist in a few weeks for more testing.  The good news is that I don't have Lupus, the frustrating news is that I still don't know what's wrong.

1 comment:

Milli' said...

Thank goodness on the Lupus thing...that's what I suspected you were being tested for based on the previous post. I was just about to call!! Chin up (well whatever's left of it) and keep pushing until you find out what's wrong.